WINE GUMMY BEARS
I have been wrestling with the idea of coming up with a holiday drink concoction since Thanksgiving. I had several ideas in mind (these ideas may surface via later posts), but gummy bears laced with wine seemed to be the easiest. I travel back home to Omaha, Nebraska for Christmas each year. I thought it would be perfect to make these ahead of time and bring them back home for my family to enjoy. These guys are amazing! Every bite is filled with the taste of wine. I used strawberry Jell-O with Chardonnay and Cherry Jell-O with Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Calories: 15
- Fat: 0g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 0g
- Course: Appetizer, Dessert, treat
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 15 kcal
- Author: Stay Snatched
- 3 3/4 tablespoons sugar-free Jell-O I used strawberry and raspberry
- 3/4 cups of wine I wanted to have red and white wine gummies. I used Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Before placing a saucepan over heat, pour the wine in the pan.
- Add the Jell-O to the wine and stir until the Jell-O has dissolved.
- The liquid will start to become thick. Continue to stir or whisk until all of the Jell-O is completely dissolved.
- Heat the sauce pan on low. Do not allow the Jell-O to boil.
- Continue to stir until the mixture is of liquid consistency. Bring the saucepan to low heat, careful not to let the mixture boil, stirring continuously until wine melts back down to a liquid consistency.
- Stir, stir, stir! You want to make sure there aren't any Jell-O clumps in the mixture.
- Turn off the heat from the stove. Leave the pan on the burner with the heat.
- The mixture should stay warm.
- Using an eyedropper, (the gummy bears kit I ordered from Amazon includes this) fill the gummy bear molds with the Jell-O.
- Keep in mind the Jell-O needs to stay warm, work quickly.
- Place the gummy bear molds in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve!